Over the last days of July I collected pictures of what is going on in my vegetable and herb garden:
The most recent shot, in the top left corner, gives an overview. You can see:
- a teepee bearing Fortex green beans. The lower left collage picture gives a closer look at bean plants with calendula flowers in the foreground. If you look closely, you will be able to see beans hanging between the leaves, well camouflaged;
- the apparently empty bamboo teepee in front is for Marketmore cucumber plants, not visible in this shot, but shown in the collage photo at top right;
- at front right of overview photo, a zucchini plant with huge floppy leaves (Costata Romanesco); yellow dill umbrellas tower behind;
- at front left there are purple-blue borage plants and nearby, yellow-flowered calendula;
- Sugar Daddy Snap Pea vines, growing on the trellis at the right, were finishing this week with final offerings.
- the bottom right collage picture shows a yellow cherry tomato plant (Blondkopfchen) leaning against a spiral support. There are chive plants to the left.
In the collection of 10 photos below, travelling from top to bottom of each column, starting from the left: winter squash plants (no flowers yet), a bowl of green beans, a tiny baby cucumber in the foreground, sorrel plant, spinach and swiss chard, red onions, baby green peppers, baby and mature basil plants, zucchinis very ready to harvest, and cherry tomatoes.